Sunday 23rd June 2019
Club at Greys Ave will be closed
It's time for the annual YMCA Marathon Club vs Muriwai Surf Club Challenge.
It’s a fun, multi-surface challenge with everything – road, bush, mud (not so much this year), lake, paddock and beach; followed by mid-winter swim (optional), hot shower, hot drinks and sausages; rumour has it cold beers as well. All in aid of winning the Des Vercoe trophy while raising funds for the Surf Club.
Come and enjoy the challenge, the scenery, the laughs and the company. Instructions are very simple:
- Meet at the Muriwai Surf Club (turn right at the cafe directly opposite Waitea Rd, and follow your nose directly ahead to find the Surf Club building up a driveway on your right at the end carpark).
- Arrive in good time (by 9:30) to enter & prepare for the start.
- Entry is by donation, minimum $10; all funds go to the Muriwai Surf Club.
- Visitors are welcome.
- All Runners & Walkers start at 10:00 am.
- There are separate Runners & Walkers courses. Walkers’ course is very scenic, finishes down the beach with the runners, will take about 90 minutes (same time as the average runner), and doesn’t involve lake or other such obstacles.
Look forward to seeing you all there.
Uniform not required, old gear advised